Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Pictures for you

I am connected to the internet at my apartment now. It has been almost a month and a half without freely accessing the internet in the privacy and comfort of my own living space. I feel like analog man, being reborn into the cyber world, if you will.

I have compiled, below, a number of photos that I have taken since coming to Japan in late July. Please, enjoy.

Tokyo's urban sprawl from the 34th floor of the Keio Plaza, the site of the 2009 Tokyo Orientation



Orientation at Keio Plaza



Okawa Swimming area, ten minutes south of my house my bike and where I went for my birthday swim



Birthday sashimi feast



At the MIdokoi Matsuri with Mayor Takehara, centre, and Director General of the Akune BOE Nagafukata-san



Seperate your garbage



Midokoi Matsuri Fireworks



Ningyo no ishi, a rock formation that look like two people. In my opinion, I think it looks like two monkeys. Doesn't this remind you of the praying monk in Phoenix though?



The Captain, the dome, the house



Sakurajima



Ladies and gentleman in a Yukata



24hr Charity



More pictures and movies to come.

I hope all of those who read this blog are enjoying a what they see. It is a pleasure to share my initial experiences in Akune with all of you. this is a great to process of the intense amount of stimuli as I settle in to my new surroundings.

I would like to do a little throw back to my old blog them from Kyoto and give a shout out:

Shout out to my Aunt Barbara, who just moved to NYC. And Shout out to Sensei Tashibu. I am thankful everyday for the language and culture you introduced me to so many years ago.


Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment